Request a Wired Network Connection

Tags staff faculty

Contact the OTS Faculty/Staff Help Center to request the installation of a campus network port for the following scenarios: 

  • You or your department has received a new computer
  • Your existing computer has been moved to a new office
  • You have a computer but no wall port or active wall port connection
  • You wish to move from a Terminal Server connection to Ethernet

Request a new network connection

Collect the following information before submitting your request:

  • The make and model of your computer (i.e., a Dell Optiplex GXa, a PowerMac G4, a Dell Laptop Csi)
  • The operating system you are running (i.e., Windows 2011, Macintosh OS X)
  • The building and room number where the computer is now located; if the computer is to be moved, then we will also need the building and room number where the computer will be located.
  • Wall plate number or numbers if there is a wall plate available in the room; Wall plates are small, flat panels on the wall with telephone-type jacks. Look carefully at the wallplate for a computer symbol above an open jack. If one is present, it usually contains your room number followed by a decimal number (i.e.,101.1).
  • Whether there is no computer jack, or no open jacks, on the wall plate.
  • Whether this is a new computer or a computer being moved to a new office.
  • Whether this is a lab where several similar or identical new machines are being connected. 
Still need help? Consider the Related Articles box on this page or open a ticket. Use the Yes and No buttons below to provide feedback on this article. You can submit without leaving comments or add details on what you liked and what needs improvement. 
Print Article


Article ID: 143056
Mon 11/14/22 10:05 AM
Mon 11/14/22 11:41 AM

Related Services / Offerings (1)

Add, move, or change data, telephone, and television jacks.